Health and Safety Policy
Purpose of Policy
1. Executive Catering Solutions (the Employer) takes health and safety issues very seriously and is committed to protect the health and safety of its staff and those affected by its business activities and attending its premises. This policy is intended to help the employer achieve this by clarifying who is responsible for health and safety matters and what those responsibilities are.
2. This is a statement of policy only anddoes not form part of your contract of employment. This policy may be amended at any time by the Employer by its absolutely discretion. The employer will review this policy at regular intervals to ensure that it is achieving its aims effectively.
Policy Statement :
1. to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising for our staff and those affected by our business activities and visiting our premises;
2. to ensure our temporary staff and subcontractors are able to identify potential risks at our client’s sites and venues;
3. to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
4.to provide necessary information, instruction and adequate training for our employees and temporary staff regarding all Health and Safety matters in connection with their work;
5. to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
6. to maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
Employer Responsibilities :
1. Ivan Sarbov has overall responsibility for health and safety and has appointed the Staffing Manager Valentin Pelovski with day-to-day responsibility for health and safety matters.
2. Any concerns about health and safety matters should be notified to the Staffing Manager immediately.
Responsibilities of all staff
All employees must :
1. take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who mightbe affected by their acts or omissions;
2. co-operate with the Managers and Supervisors to enable compliance with health and safety duties and requirements;
3. comply with any health and safety instructions on the safe use of equipment;
4. keep the workplace tidy and hazard free;
5. keep health and safety issues in front of their minds and take personal responsibilityfor the implications of their own acts and omissions;
Non-compliance with Health and Safety Rules:
1. Any breach of Health and Safety rules or failure to comply with this policy will be taken very seriously and is likely to result in disciplinary action against the offender, in accordance with Employer’s disciplinary policy, up to and including immediate dismissal.
Date Reviewed : 27th of February 2019 - Ivan Sarbov/ Managing Director